Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Hotel stay with my 5 week old baby?

im going to stay in a hotel for two nights away from home so my sons dad can see him ( cirmcumstances mean he cant stay at my house with my family) has any one did that with a 5 week old baby and give me advice on sterlising bottles and keeping them chilled?Hotel stay with my 5 week old baby?
i think u might want to breastfeed its the best way u don't have to worry bout bottle..but if u don't want to then the best thing i can suggest is buy the bottles that have bags in them so u just pour the formula and water in them and after ur done just throw the bag away and use another bag


i think its called


avent disposable feeding setHotel stay with my 5 week old baby?
Bring a small bottle of dish soap and a bottle brush. You can wash out the bottles in the sink with hot water. As for keeping them chilled, get a small or medium size cooler that you can fill up with ice. This should keep them chilled for 6-10 hours, depending on how big the cooler is. Or you can request a room with a mini fridge, but make sure you tell the hotel that you need it for your baby's food and bottles. Requests are usually granted based on need first, then preference.
I was breastfeeding when I traveled with my month old baby, so I didn't have to worry about that.





For such a short trip, I'd probably go with the ready-to-feed bottles (like the ones they give you in the hosiptal). They're expensive for regular use, but if you don't have any way to keep formula cold or warm it up, the convenience may be worth it. (Getting a hotel room with a kitchenette and fridge would probably be more costly.).





Or ... just use regular tap water (or bottled water) and powdered formula. If the water supply is reliable, there is no need to sterilize bottles.
I have traveled often with my children. Even as baby's.


Most hotels have small fridges in the room. Take a zip lock bag, with a bottle scrubber and a small thing of dish soap. So you can wash them in your room. Make sure you take anything you might need, even if you don't think you will need it.


I always take a cooler, when ever we go any where. Mainly because it is cheaper to bring drinks and snacks then to buy them on the road. But you can keep anything for baby in their also.
Take a small bottle of dish soap and wash the bottles int he sink. Most hotels now a days have small fridges in the rooms......if not get a small bucket and keep the bottles on ice....just replace the ice frequently.
Take sterilising tablets with you, they are really cheap and the instructions are pretty easy to follow. I don't ever chill my bottles I just keep them at room temperature and then heat them up as required.





Hope this helps!

No comments:

Post a Comment