Tuesday, February 23, 2010

I am planning to visit Chicago. I see that hotel stay is quite expensive.?

So I dont want to stay more than 1 night. But can I cover all main places in 1-1.5 days? I am in a dilemma. pls suggest.I am planning to visit Chicago. I see that hotel stay is quite expensive.?
I think Priceline is a great suggestion (as long as you use Name Your Own Price). I stayed at the Hilton across from the Art Museum for $50 a night. The problem with that is if you are not flying...you need to park which is $25 a night. So when you are booking your hotel make sure you see how much the parking rates are.





When I was in college and VERY poor...I would stay in the Northwest suburbs (Des Plaines, Arlington Heights, Rosemont, O'Hare area) for cheap. Then you can just commute in through the extensive transportation system. They have commuter parking lots that are FREE and it is easy to find your way around. It is a little more time consuming...but you do NOT want to drive in the traffic, it is a cheap stay AND it can be fun!





Enjoy!!I am planning to visit Chicago. I see that hotel stay is quite expensive.?
Maybe with some good planning. I think you should be able to hit most of the sites...but the good museums you could spend half a day quickly looking at everything in one museum only. I would say at least 2 days.
I'm from Chicago...it will be impossible to see everything in 1-2 days. One museum could take an entire day!





BUT, if you want to see a large part of the city, history, etc. There are day tours (architectural, water, etc) that will show you certain aspects of the city.





Or, you could pick, say, 2 sites you really want to see and focus on those. You might want to spend the first day doing the Sears Tower, Navy Pier, and other outside things; then on the 2nd day spend it in a museum (I would definately suggest the Field Museum of Natural History or the Art History Museum, both have finds you will not see any where else on earth.)
no you can't ...you will need atleast 3 days


try this site www.vrbo.com


a lot cheaper than the chicago hotels that it costa fortune to even park at....
You can usually get a 4 star hotel on Michigan Ave for $60-$70 on priceline. You do need more time that a day or two.





There is so much to see and do. You need to give yourself at least 3 days -- more if you can.





It is a very beautiful city.
  • hair coloring
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment