Friday, February 26, 2010

Tent camping or Hotel staying: which do you think is better and why?

ThanksTent camping or Hotel staying: which do you think is better and why?
I am an Alaskan and do a LOT more tent camping than I do hotel staying because I much prefer the first to the latter. Camping is fun, exciting, and very rewarding in so many ways. Staying in a motel or hotel isn't much in the way of excitement unless a rock band happens to be staying on the same floor and are trashing the place. On the other hand, camping assures me that I am going to experience wilderness and wildlife at its best....the way I prefer it. LOTS of pristine scenery, sights and sounds I cannot find in a hotel anywhere I know of. And photo-ops that can appear at virtually any moment of the day. There just isn't anything I have found that can compare to the thrill and excitement of sleeping in (and waking up to) the GREAT outdoors. The BEST I can hope for in a hotel is to see it on the outdoor channel of cable television. In a tent, I can live it and perhaps even be the star in that video on the outdoor channel. Be a star. Camp out in a tent. Don't watch the adventure, LIVE IT, and have fun.Tent camping or Hotel staying: which do you think is better and why?
It totally depends on what your purpose is. Personally, if I'm on a business trip or visiting family I'll stay in a hotel. If I'm hunting, fishing, or otherwise engrossed in recreation I prefer to camp in a tent. Sadly my old bones can't do that without an air mattress anymore, but that's still roughing it.


;-)
Depends where you are going and what your purpose is. If you are going up to the mountains I`d take a tent over a hotel any day. If you are going to NYC or some other populated area it`ll be hard to find a place to pitch a tent, so a hotel would make sense.
well, personally, i would prefer a hotel because i'm posh... but...





tents are less expensive, sometimes the easiest place to stay, and some people prefer it because they prefer the wilderness and stuff





and hotels have modern amenities and are more comfortable
I much prefer tent camping. It gets you close to nature.


It's much less expensive, and food cooked on a camp stove is every bit as tasty as you could want.
Hotel=bed and shower = clean and rested = YAY!


Tent=hard ground and dirt = ewwww gross!





No contest!

No comments:

Post a Comment