Friday, February 26, 2010

I recently won a free cruise/hotel stay from http://www.bahamagetaways.net/ ...legit?

I entered my information in some kind of drawing at my gym, and I won a free cruise/hotel stay - courtesy of this organization http://www.bahamagetaways.net/... Now I see a few answered questions on here where people are declaring it to be a scam....but is there anyone who can give me a reason to think otherwise? If I don't get a response I'm just going to assume it's a scam. Has anyone actually won this ';contest'; before and been on the cruise?





thanksI recently won a free cruise/hotel stay from http://www.bahamagetaways.net/ ...legit?
I would be very very careful of such a deal. Once you give them your credit card, you are most likely screwed. You see, the only way to win a true free cruise is when you enter a contest put on by the cruise company like Princess, or Carnival, or Royal Caribbean itself. Remember if it is too good to be true, it probably is. There are companies out there trying to get you money anyway they can. So the bottom line is do your investigating before you give them any money. The cheapest you will find a true cruise for now a days is about $100 a day person. I would ask a ton of questions first. This agency you got is only a travel agent, or so they say. I'm afraid I would not trust them.I recently won a free cruise/hotel stay from http://www.bahamagetaways.net/ ...legit?
It's likely legit. What these companies probably do is get comp vacation packages from the cruise company and hotel as part of some promotion they're running. So, they offer the package as a prize that you can win by just submitting your contact information. If a lot of people enter the contest, the cruise company, the hotel, and the travel agency get all these contacts where they can send out promotional materials, or even sell your contact information to other marketing companies.





A hotel stay and a basic cruise (inside stateroom for a fairly short cruise) is actually fairly inexpensive and really doesn't cost the companies very much to provide for free (well, almost free - you're still paying about $200). They can also write the full rack rate off their corporate taxes as a promotional expense.





If it makes you feel better, you can contact the Better Business Bureau about this travel agency. But, I wouldn't automatically assume it's a scam.
Not legit.. It will end up costing you about $500. by the time you pay the fees and surcharges. This is not a Cruise.. but an old ferry.





You DON';T get your deposit back..


There is plenty written about this scheme.. you didn't win a thing. You just got on someones ';sucker'; list.








I live in the bahamas and this tour every day.. People are ';pi$$ED'; and feel cheated.. Don't do it.





There is a legitimate cheap service that spells out all your fees.


www.discoverycruiselines.com

No comments:

Post a Comment